A life of love

A life of love
Everyone should have a Great Pyrenees

Monday, May 2, 2011

Puzzle progress!

Just wanted to update that we have 56 pieces of the puzzle claimed!  I am putting names on the pieces and will be working to start any places we can assemble!  I think we are starting with the edges!  It is the way I was taught (thanks Mom), so it is the way I do it!

I just want to ask folks to think about God's call for the orphan and how you can be part of it.  I know that we are asking for assistance, but there are also so many other ways you can be involved!  With us or with other families or children.  Sponsor a child, offer help, bring a meal, pass down outgrown clothes, etc.  Be a kind smile to a frazzled looking mom or dad.  It all helps!  We know that we need to complete this puzzle to get to the next step, in which we are able to apply for adoption grants.  There are options out there once we get this part done.  And then, there are other things that we are looking at:  remodeling the upstairs - putting up two new walls, and taking down two old ones. Reframing three doorways, plastering and painting. 

I always know that when I know someone needs financial help, I have so little to offer.  But I have energy and muscles.  And that is of value too.  So, if you feel a call to help with those things, please know that this is much appreciated too.  We had been planning that our tax return would come in any day now, but got word that it likely will not come until some time in July.  That puts the finances back on us, rather than using the tax return as we had planned.  We need to move things forward to get these little girls home.  They both are very small for their ages.  K, the year old, is very tiny and the last medical report lists her as "stunted" and "malnourished", and that is after gaining four pounds in three months of good care in the orphanage!!!  So, needless to say, I am very anxious to get them both home and to good medical care. 

Please consider if you can be part of this puzzle.  I will keep you posted on the progress.

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: