A life of love

A life of love
Everyone should have a Great Pyrenees

Friday, May 9, 2008

HIV orphans

Hi again,
After that informative post previously on HIV - that I copied to pass around - with permission, I found this great blog and have subscribed to her newsletter. Here you go!

http://fromhivtohome.blogspot.com

You know, some of us have been talking about the need to minister to the "least of these" and while some people believe that I have "rescued" my adopted sons, I have found that I have been so very blessed, beyond the measure that I have invested. What are we called to do? How are we held back by fear? How much fear is real? What are we called as Christians to do? How do we be the hands and feet of Christ? And we are all each different parts of the body. Hmmmm.....

Anyway, check out this great blog - they are trying to work to help HIV+ orphans be adopted into loving homes and to raise the level of education regarding children with HIV. In all honesty, one of my sons was orphaned by AIDS according to what we have been told. There are many many children in the world who are in the situation he was in. Most do not have HIV, but because of the stigma in their home countries, they live on the fringes. It makes me sad. It makes me sad that there are so many children without parents, and so many families that would love to raise them, but the great costs of adoption stand in the way. It is ridiculous, but it is what it is. Can we come together to remove these barriers? What can we do? What part can you play in this? I challenge you - somehow see what part you can play, even if it is praying or befriending families who have adopted or are adopting. Or coming alongside children in need wherever they are.
Christy

No comments: