A life of love

A life of love
Everyone should have a Great Pyrenees

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!

What a strange Mother's Day it is indeed, here at our house.

My mom is in the air on the way home from Arizona, finally, thank God! And my step dad and dearest Grandma Jean too! But they won't be in until late today, so no Mom visit. We hope to make up for that tomorrow, but today, my oldest daughter, Kiley is ill.

With diabetes on board that makes for an even wilder ride than the usual vomiting and what not. So, I have spent the night on the couch with her (it is getting harder now that she is older), not sleeping much, but watching her, dozing, checking blood sugars, making sure she wasn't too hot or too cold, in general fussing over her. Following sanitizing the floor that was liberally "blessed". Thank God also for hardwood floors - people think I am crazy for not wanting carpeting - believe me, that was something that would NEVER have come out of carpeting. This way I know that it is disinfected and all cleaned up with not a trace left!!! LOL!

So, the rest of the crew is off at church which did allow Kiley and I to rest some, a nice bonus and I didn't have to worry about entertaining anyone or working to keep things quiet so Kiley could rest. They will be back after a couple errands after church, along with Ethiopian food!!!! Whoo-hoo!!!! That is a big celebration here! Thank you so much Anna for thinking of asking us if we wanted anything when you went to Milwaukee - which has the nearest Ethiopian restaurant!!! I understand my husband is loaded down. We will soon be in a state of gorged delirium after consuming that wonderful treat. Zeri and Solly don't generally miss it, they love basically most foods, but what a treat it is! I truly am planning on learning to cook some of the items, and need to order the spices and stuff. The hardest part is the pan to make injera, but if we ever get to Chicago I hope to buy one. That will be priceless. I love the stuff.

Take a look at this blog and post for today it is priceless: http://gillispiefam.blogspot.com/2008/05/happy-mothers-day.html.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!
Christy

1 comment:

from HIV to Home said...

Thanks Christy for linking to our blog and for commenting! Send me your email when you get a chance!

:)

- Jennifer
from HIV to Home
http://fromhivtohome.blogspot.com