A life of love

A life of love
Everyone should have a Great Pyrenees

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Writing from Addis Abeba, Ethiopia!!!!!!

We are here!!!!  We got in last night, got out of the airport about midnight or some such time, and safely arrived at our wonderful guest house.

I will do a longer post later, as I don't want to take too much advantage of the internet usage here.  But, we are fine, even finally got some sleep and leave soon to go see our little girls.  I am so excited I am just in constant wiggle motion.  Steve is anxious.  It is just hard.  Hard to believe that we are here, that it is all really happening, worrying/thinking about our kids and home and all the changes in our lives!

Ethiopia is a beautiful place, a place of such contrasts and it is so unique.  As soon as we stepped off the plane, I recognized the smell of Ethiopia - a wonderful mix that you just don't get in the US.  It is forever seared in my memory.  How can I feel so much like I belong to both places?  Because my kids do, that is why.  We are so blessed to be here.

Our guest house with IAG is wonderful!  The staff has been so very kind, I just cannot say enough good things.

I will try to post as I can and add more, but I know that I will be processing so much.  It is hard to even put it all in words.  I still find I cannot explain so much from my last trip!

So, prayers for our little girls, for our kiddos at home and our wonderful friends and family who are helping keep the home front together.  Thank you so much for sharing this journey with us.  I am humbled if you even read this.  God bless you all!
Christy

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Anne said...

Dearest Christy!
Oh, I can't even imagine being so far away- and you handle it with such grace!

I am happy you are there- And imagine you have met your new girls already! Now THAT has to be absolutely amazing!

All my love, always.

XOXO
Anne

Kiley and J.T. said...

Take care of yourself Anne! It has been amazing. I am exhausted after our return trip and heading to bed. Hard to believe that it has all happened! Now to wait until we can bring them home.