A life of love

A life of love
Everyone should have a Great Pyrenees

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Priceless truly is!

I was blessed to finish reading Priceless by Tom Davis and published by David C. Cook publishing.  Truly a riveting read, and one that will haunt me for quite some time.  It is one of those that you are left with the intense knowledge that you now know that you must actively do something.

It is a fictionalized account of a Russian orphan trapped in the sex trade and the people who reach out to help.  First of all, it was wonderfully written - and I am a very, very avid reader.  I have to admit that I was somewhat skeptical at what this book might be like.  I have read Tom Davis's non-fiction book Red Letters: Living a Faith that Bleeds, which was immensely convicting and really got me thinking about how we live out our faith and what it means.  I wasn't sure what I would think of his fiction work.  I knew that he was faith-filled, that his scriptural grounding was great, and that from that perspective it would be quality.  But, it got me right from the first couple pages and never let me go.  You can ask my hubby, I read it in two days.  Two days flat.  I grabbed every moment possible to read it - even back and forth from church, in the van while hubby drove.

To top it off, I am left a bit changed by this, to say the least.  It is hard to imagine that what is depicted is truly out there - not that we don't believe it, but we don't WANT to.  Like lots of things, it is easier for us to NOT think about it, than to think about it and then know that because we KNOW it, we really MUST DO something.  I don't know what we personally will do, certainly we will look for a way for us to be of assistance, to be involved.  At the very least, I am praying heavily.  Praying for the people who are so in need, that I feel so helpless to know how to reach.  But I can pray.  I certainly can.  And will.  And I will loan out this book to everyone who asks!  So, if you would like to read it, please drop me a comment with an email address and I will contact you to get it sent out to you.  If more than one asks for it, I will ask the person I send it to to send it on to the next person.  Eventually, I hope it is read by many.  Even better, go to your local bookstore, order it from Amazon or whatever, but buy it!

Tom Davis does amazing work, is truly doing great work for God and for people in need.  Please check out his charity http://www.hopechest.org/.  I keep exploring what Children's Hope Chest does and looking for ways to support them.  Maybe just buy his books!  Think about it!  The book is amazing.  I have his other novel now Scared.  I may pull that out as my next read!

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: