A life of love

A life of love
Everyone should have a Great Pyrenees

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Talk about being out of my comfort zone!!!

And now for something totally different - wasn't that what the Monty Python show used to start with?  Wow, am I aging myself by stating that?  Anyway, for something totally different.

If you have read my blog for any amount of time, generally it is about kids, homesteading, adoption, and faith.  Well, I am working outside my comfort zone so I thought I would try to share that!

I am in a play.  It isn't the first time, actually, it is the third, but the other two times, it was the same play (The Best Christmas Pageant Ever) that is done each year by Evergreen Productions in Green Bay, WI.  And both times several of my kids have been in it, so you know I was added in because of them.  Well, I tried out for Fruitcakes along with one of my children.  That is the adult stage for Evergreen Productions' Christmas show - they do one each year - one for the adult stage and one for the children's stage.

I got a part.  Just me.  No one else in the family.

Which means that I didn't get a part because someone else did!  Wow.  Mind blowing.  SO not what I usually do!  I tried out on a whim.  I have NEVER been on stage before the last couple years - and my part was really small in Best.  That was just fine with me.  This time, my part is more extensive and certainly more flamboyant!  Wow.

After I got over my shock, our life took off - I had play rehearsal, Solly and Tsion had play rehearsal for Best, and then, well, we took a trip to Ethiopia.  Yeah, nothing really going on, right?

Honestly, Steve and the kids are the ones with the theater interests and drive, not me.  But it does look like fun.

Tonight was our second show.  It was amazing.  Both nights we had great audiences (that means audiences that get into the show, and laugh and clap so you know they like it), and both nights we got standing ovations!!!!!  I am so proud that I only forgot one line in two performances, and covered for the one I did forget!  Tonight, I didn't forget a thing!  And it was fun!  I have to admit, I did become more expressive as the audience seemed to respond.

Anyway, this is so not me.  So not what I usually do, but wow, is it fun!!!  Three days ago I was convinced I would never do theater again, I would go back to being the theater mom, shuttling my kids back and forth and helping backstage.  Tonight I see why people put all that work and effort into it.  It is worth it.  Way fun!  I don't even really know how to explain it, but as great fun!

So, for the next week, I am "Betty Jane", and much more interesting than I usually am.

The only down side, is that I come home so wired after our shows, that I am still awake at 12:30 AM.  The upside is that I will then be writing!  LOL!

This is a good way to pass the time while we wait on our little girls.  I was so worried that I would miss them so terribly after coming back that I would temporarily be a basket case, but Fruitcakes has kept me very busy!  I am still knitting things for our benefit during the show though!  December 16th is going to be a great concert!!!!!

Anyway, I am going to try to settle down as we get up early for church!  This all takes a lot of energy!

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: