A life of love

A life of love
Everyone should have a Great Pyrenees

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

So much, all at one time, and some times, so little...

It is mid August and things are at a sort of lull, at least as much of a lull as we ever get.  Soccer is done, at least until fall soccer begins - and then one of our kiddos will start football too!  Play (Phantom of the Opera) is done for hubby, but play (Bridge to Terebithia) has begun for Alex.  Kiley has found her perfect show horse, bought him and we are working with a trainer for both of them.  Thankfully, Kiley and I can work off his training and board, so it is all manageable.  Yes, that means I am mucking out stalls and all of that.  Amazing those things that parenting brings you to.  Would I love the lottery, so I could pay for it rather than working it off - absolutely!!!  But to see them together, to see what God has brought, yeah, I can muck out stalls a couple times per week!! And I get to learn how to drive a skid steer!  Not to even mention that five years ago I had no idea what a skid steer was!

We have been so blessed, I have the opportunity for many extra hours at my temp job - which is great, except that I am tired!  But it is helping us so very much, that it cannot be described.  God provides, generally, in my experience, by work!  LOL!  Thanks!!!  I love to be able to help!

We also suspect that we won't get a court date for our little girls until late November. Court closed yesterday and is closed until October third (in Ethiopia).  I am working so hard not to be frustrated, all the delays, all the costs, etc.  We are STILL waiting on our tax return!  Sending more paperwork in to the IRS.  I truly wish President Obama had not included it in Obamacare.  It would have made my life so much easier.  Oh, well, maybe we will get it in time for our travels!  In the meantime, I make no plans for it, just plan to work my butt off and get it paid off that way.  If it comes through - hooray!!!

I love summer in WI.  It has been so hot this summer, following a great deal of rain - I literally gave up on my garden.  I intend to feed the goats off of what is growing out there!  Today we pruned some trees, cut down some burdock bushes, and the goats loved them!  I hope to keep that going - it would be so much easier if the lawn tractor worked, but it seems to have developed a mysterious malady and isn't running right now.  Sigh.  I have been using clippers to get the worst of it done, thankfully, we live in the country.

We are watching our beloved Abby, our white German shepherd, decline over time.  We got her from the humane society in spring 2002, when she was nine months old - my reaction to 9/11.  She has been a great dog, but arthritis is setting in heavily for her, and today we realized that her hearing is going badly.  She no longer needs to be on a leash, she won't leave our property any longer, and she won't even try to jump on the couch.  We know her days are numbered.  We keep giving her glucosamine, but it hasn't seemed to help.  This will be a hard one, when we have to decide that she is suffering too much.  We all love her so much.

Well, I have to admit that I am tired, and that I know that leaving for the stable at 6AM is going to be quite early!  If I don't head to bed, I won't make it!  I know that this is a phase in our lives, and I try to live out every moment, but sometimes I am surely looking forward to a slower pace!  This is only temporary, I know this, but to be in the midst is tiring!!!

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: