A life of love

A life of love
Everyone should have a Great Pyrenees

Thursday, August 18, 2011

One of those days on the farm! LOL!

Well, it has been one of those days, in a humorous way.

The riding lawnmower - with the grass catchers on it that make our goats and horses very happy - has not been running well lately.  I did some research online and found that maybe it was the air filter - so the kids and I located that and cleaned that.  No better.

Then we decided to check the spark plug - well, that wasn't it either.  At least I know where it is now.

My time has been pretty tight lately, what with play practices for Alex, two different opportunities for me to work (and both buildings are busy, which is really unusual, but a huge blessing at this time), and getting Kiley to the stable for her training, and the usual dentist and doctor appointments and what not.  So, I hadn't done any further research.  The lawnmower sat sadly next to the goat pasture.  Sigh.  While the grass kept growing and growing.

And growing.  Can you tell that it is quite long in places?  I even let the mini pony out and a couple of the goats (the ones that don't tend to wander) to try to work on some of the grass.  Sigh.

So, beloved hubby came home from work today and fixed the lawnmower!  Yay!  We loved having him in the play, but oh, my goodness, did we miss him!  Anyway, he fixed the lawnmower!  Turns out that the fuel line was twisted and crimped.  I hadn't gotten around to looking at that yet - yeah, that was it!  Anyway, he got it fixed!   I got home from work and was so excited!  So, he took me over to the lawnmower to take a look and show me what he had addressed. 

And this is what we saw:






 Oh, look.  Greta, the Alpine dairy goat, out and running around out of the pen because she keeps getting picked on by the others.  Hmm...  Smelling suspiciously like gasoline.  The culprit has been found!

Hubby is now going to go the the hardware store on his way home - to get a metal gas line!


"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Ashley Gibson said...

Christy! Welcome to the Reece's Rainbow family! I see you live a short distance from my husband & I...we're in Oshkosh! Small world :) I look forward to following your journey...we're adopting from Eastern Europe, and it's so interesting to see how things work in other parts of the world.

Praying for your journey!
www.homeiswhereitsat.blogspot.com

Christy O said...

Thanks Ashley, glad you found us! It gets to be a very small world, doesn't it! Congrats on your adoption, hope you get to hold your little one soon! We are keeping busy in order to keep our sanity while we wait! But with our family, that isn't too hard!